Student Center Program Advisor
Georgia Institute of Technology
Job Purpose: Acting as Associate Program Director, the position oversees the provision of co-curricular and extra-curricular activities for students and other campus constituents by managing an operation in the Student Center and advising student event programmers. Student leadership development is a key component of the position.
- Advise assigned committees, to include: leadership development of students, event and budget management. May attend committee meetings and functions.
- Manage a Student Center programming space (Tech Rec), to include hiring, training and supervising student employees, maintaining the facility and equipment, managing the operating budget, promoting use of the area via programs and special events, establishing policies and procedures, and providing for the timely procurement of supplies.
- Oversee Options, Georgia Tech’s leisure course program, dealing with a large number and diversity of people.
- Work closely with other program professionals to establish the overall philosophy and direction of the programs division and contributing to a comprehensive student leadership development program including participation at student leader retreats.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Two to four years job related experience, preferably in a college/university, private sector or not for profit programming role, experience in planning and executing events on a college campus, working in a diverse environment in which student development is a priority
- Skills: ability to generate and articulate ideas about student development, student staff supervision, and volunteer recruitment and engagement; strong interpersonal, communications and organizational skills
- Preferred Education: Master’s degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs Administration or College Student Affairs Administration
- Preferred Work Experience:
- Preferred Certifications:
- Preferred Skills:
Additional Information: Position requires self-motivation, ability to be flexible and prepared to work frequent evening and occasional weekend hours and/or long hours.
Impact & Influence: Interact with students, other Program Advisors and other program professionals and organizations, other staff in Auxiliary Services.
: Auxiliary Services
: Student Center
: Jan 28, 2013, 7:40:31 AM
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Staff28 Jan 2013
West Lafayette, In
West Lafayette, In