Student Activities Coordinator
Front Range Community College
Ft Collins, CO
Ft. Collins, CO
- GENERAL SUMMARY
The Student Activities Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing activities for the campus that supports student engagement and community building. The coordinator provides direction and advisement for student activities, new student orientation, and student government. The person in this position will be expected to work in a collaborative environment in establishing goals, objectives, and strategies which effectively and efficiently utilize all human and financial resources. The Coordinator will have an abiding concern for and commitment to serving the diverse needs of the college, to student development in a learning organization, active promotion of an inclusive environment, and supporting Student Life as the focal point of campus life.
- Oversees student activities programming which includes: identifying program resources and marketing support, assisting with personal/group development, risk management, event planning and coverage, and budget development/ implementation.
- Co-advise the Student Government Association including identifying program resources and marketing support, assisting with personal/group development, risk management, event coverage, and budget development/implementation.
- Plan, organize and implement New Student Orientation program.
- Serve as a member of the Committee for Campus Culture and leads diversity programming for the Student Life office. Oversees one student staff member that focuses directly on diversity programming.
- Develop and update publications and marketing for Student Life and the Longs Peak Student Center.
- Directly supervises student staff for marketing and events including selection, training, time sheets, and evaluation.
- Develop collaborative relationships with academic departments to encourage interdisciplinary events.
- Develop and implement an assessment plan for campus programming and New Student Orientation.
- Serve on campus and college-wide committees based on departmental needs and professional interests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in a field closely related to the position (examples include: Event and Hospitality, Communication, Liberal Arts, Marketing, etc.) OR a Master’s degree in Student Affairs (or equivalent).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Master’s degree in a field closely related to the position.
- Thorough understanding of the value of co-curricular learning experiences as related to total student development and the ability to articulate such to a varied public.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Required Experience
- Two years’ experience in student affairs work or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A Master’s degree in Student Affairs (or equivalent) and two years graduate assistantship experience will be accepted in lieu of the two years’ experience.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with students and colleagues as an educator, advisor, and leader.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and implementing a wide variety of activities and programs.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and a solid understanding of and appreciation for cultural, ethnic, and individual differences.
- Experience as a collaborative leader who places individual success and group and community development as interrelated goals.
- Experience with desktop publishing or graphic design and event marketing/promotions.
- Job Location
- Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
- Position Type
- 37,463.00 – USD
Location On Map
West Lafayette, In