Senior Associate Director – Development
Princeton Township, NJ
princeton township, nj
Principal Administrative Duties (25% time):
Manage one or more projects, as assigned by the director and/or the AVP or VP for Development.
-Projects might include managing a particular University fundraising priority, serving as an advocate for and subject expert on the project and working with faculty and other project sponsors; collaborating with frontline and research colleagues to develop fundraising strategy and identify potential donors; working with Development Communications to ensure that frontliners and volunteers have appropriate informational materials; and organizing campus and alumni volunteers to assist in fundraising.
-Other projects might include working with a particular donor constituency, managing a screening program, training volunteers, etc.
Primary Frontline Fundraising Duties (75% time):
The senior associate/associate director participates in the direct solicitation, closing, and stewardship of gifts by managing a select portfolio of donors. S/he
– develops and implements a long-term integrated fundraising strategy for each donor, in conjunction with colleagues in Annual Giving, Gift Planning, and other University fundraisers and volunteers;
– recruits, coordinates and motivates volunteers to engage potential donors most effectively;
– identifies and motivates new potential donors;
– educates potential donors about philanthropy and the case for supporting Princeton;
– engages potential donors in the life of the University;
– understands fully the mission and needs of the University and articulates them effectively to potential donors, volunteers, and other staff members;
-prepares briefings and other reports for volunteers, campus partners, and the University’s files;
– works with stewardship group to effectively steward capital gifts;
– maintains and updates information about donors in files and Development database;
– uses technology effectively to research, organize and present data.
The senior associate/associate director works collaboratively and effectively with other offices engaged in fundraising and alumni relations at Princeton, including the Alumni Council, Annual Giving, Analytics, Research, Gift Planning, Stewardship, Events, the Priorities Group, and the Office of the Vice President for Development.
– Successful candidate will meet years of experience of either 5-7 for the Associate Director and 6-8 for the Senior Associate Director. The Senior Associate Director must also have demonstrated project management experience;
– Knowledge of the principles of fundraising and a demonstrated track record of success;
– The highest standards of professionalism and performance as evidenced by collaborative teamwork, initiative, critical thinking, good judgment, consistency of output, timeliness of follow-through and strength of written and oral communication skills;
– Demonstrated ability to work with and command the respect of colleagues, volunteers and donors;
– Demonstrated ability to participate meaningfully and creatively in goal setting, long- and short-term strategic planning, and problem-solving;
– Strong organizational skills, including the ability to set clear priorities and manage time well; the ability to work independently and make sound judgments about prospects, project management responsibilities, and all other areas of performance without close day-to-day supervision;
– Evidence of leadership ability as represented by experience as a project facilitator, meeting planner, effectiveness in working with diverse individuals in a team-oriented environment, mentor to colleagues, and must possess the ability to strategically lead teams;
– Exercising discretion at all times, s/he must be able to keep confidential all data related to Princeton and its alumni.
– Demonstrated success in motivating people to inspire donors to make significant gifts;
– Evidence of managerial aptitude;
– Knowledge of and commitment to the values and mission of Princeton and higher education;
– Extensive travel (20-25% of working days)
The finalist will be required to successfully pass a background check.
– Experience in higher education, alumni relations and/or volunteer management is a plus. In addition, familiarity with Princeton University or a similar non-profit environment would be preferable.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Princeton Township, NJ
Staff4 Feb 2013
New York, New York
Las Vegas, NV
Fort Myers, Fl