Kennesaw State University
Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Services, the Registrar is an administrative official with primary responsibility for student records, registration, enrollment certification and graduation. Functions include: management of a large diverse staff, multiple registrations, creation of course and final exam schedules, maintenance/digital archival of student records, degree auditing, final degree clearance and issuance of diplomas, enforcement of academic regulations, and evaluation of transfer credits. The University Registrar serves as the NCAA certifying officer, designated FERPA compliance officer, and oversees veteran benefits eligibility. This position must support the spirit of enrollment management and collaborate with equal partners across the Enrollment Services Division (University Admissions, Student Marketing and Student Financial Aid). Primary responsibilities include:
- Compliance with all required federal, state and university policies and procedures that govern registration, enrollment certification, student records and degree certification
- Serves as University data steward for student academic records and serves as the University Compliance Officer for the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Certification of athletic eligibility. Responsible for knowledge of and compliance with the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA) regulations. Strict adherence to all applicable governing policies, procedures, and regulations of the NCAA is required.
- Maintenance and digital archiving of student records (includes: end-of-term grade processing in SunGard Banner (course repeat processing, calculation of multiple GPAs, academic standing, and institutional honors).
- Certifies enrollment reporting to the Board of Regents, National Student Clearinghouse and related government agencies.
- Provides oversight of certificate/degree certification process and diploma production.
- Produces academic transcripts.
- Serves as Chair of the Academic Standing Committee – oversees the academic appeals and dismissals process. Serves on undergraduate and graduate curriculum committees.
- Manages course and classroom scheduling processes using SunGard Banner Catalog/ Schedule modules and EMS Academic Planner module. Ensures the course information and degree requirements in the catalog are aligned with the course information in SunGard Banner and degree requirements in DegreeWorks.
- Responsible for setup and maintenance of SunGard Banner SIS rule forms to support record functions, transfer evaluations, and multiple registration processing. This includes maintenance of prerequisite and co-requisite rules, registration restrictions, and course fees.
- Responsible for maintenance of degree requirements in DegreeWorks.
- Supports the spirit of Enrollment Management and collaborates with colleagues across the Division of Enrollment Services in creating a seamless enrollment process for students.
- Effectively manages the awarding of transfer credit.
- Serves on the Enrollment Services Data Compliance team.
– Experience in working with complex technology-based projects in an enterprise environment.
– Excellent interpersonal skills which include professionalism and collegiality in a team environment.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills.
– Integrity in dealing with confidential information.
– Excellent problem solving skills with proven ability to prioritize and multi task to meet departmental goals/deadlines.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment. See for specific policy guidelines. https://web.kennesaw.edu/hr/sites/web.kennesaw.edu.hr/files/Credit_check_criteria.pdf
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company