University of Michigan
Ann Arbor, MI
Ann Arbor, MI
The Business Engagement Center (BEC) provides a central access point for companies to engage with the University of Michigan. The office connects businesses with University resources in research, technology, education and student talent; and builds partnerships to advance the University’s education, research, economic development, and service missions.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Develop and manage an innovative marketing and communication strategy for the University of Michigan BEC, aimed at establishing the organization’s expertise and leadership among its target audiences, both internal and external to the University.
– Consult, advise and coordinate with the BEC Executive Director and Relationship Managers to devise and implement communication and marketing strategies for the Business Engagement Center and satellite corporate relations offices at the University of Michigan.
– Develop messaging for key internal and external audiences including corporate donors, faculty, media, government, and other opinion leaders.
– Develop- with the assistance of external vendors- marketing materials to support the activities of the BEC. This may include developing architecture and copy for a variety of new and traditional media.
– Work with the analytics team to identify new target markets for growth, and identify opportunities to further engage existing corporate prospects.
– Serve as the BEC’s primary liaison to the broader University marketing and communications community including the University News Service. Identify opportunities to maximize exposure for the BEC through top level communication channels.
– Manage BEC administrative support personnel, including the Data Analyst, Administrative Assistant Senior, and Administrative Assistant Associate. Provide professional growth through ongoing training, guidance, and regular performance reviews.
– Manage marketing for the Michigan Corporate Relations Network (MCRN).
– Plan key events including receptions, workshops and conferences that promote the activities, expertise, and vision of the BEC.
– Bachelor’s degree in marketing/communications or related field.
– At least 7 years of experience developing and implementing successful marketing/communications plans.
– Strong written communications skills to develop case studies and other strategic marketing materials and messaging. Writing samples required.
– Previous management experience.
– Ability to set priorities.
– Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people.
– Ability to act effectively both independently and as a member of a team.
– Flexibility to meet changing priorities.
– Fluency with MS Office suite.
– Master’s degree in marketing/communications/business, or related field.
– Prior experience in an academic setting.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Location On Map
Daytona Beach, Fl
Red Hook, NY