Manager – Human Resources Service Center
Chestnut Hill, Ma
Chestnut Hill, MA
|Boston College Introduction|
|Boston College is a leading national Jesuit, Catholic university, enrolling 14,700 students, 9,000 undergraduates and 4,900 graduate and professional students. Located six miles from downtown Boston, the University has 760 full-time faculty, 2,500 employees, an operating budget of $845 million, and an endowment of $1.9 billion.|
|Department: 024141 – Human Resources Service Center
Position: 00006144 – Manager, Human Resources Service Center
Grade or Band: 3RD
|The Manager, Human Resources Service Center will provide day to day management of services within Boston College’s Human Resources Service Center to include payroll and HR transactional support to the employees of the University.
Under the direction of the Director of the HRSC, the Manager provides day to day management of HRSC payroll operations and supervision of staff. The Manager oversees payroll processing of a weekly and monthly payroll and ensures an on time and accurate payroll delivery as welll as oversee the accurate and timely processing of employee data transactions in PeopleSoft HRMS, including hire processing and data transactions. The Manager of HRSC assists the Director to ensure compliance with federal, state and local payroll laws and provides expertise on tax related payroll matters. In addition, thisposition performs payroll reconciliations after each payroll which involves reconciling benefits interfaces and payroll tax processing with ADP. The Manager of HRSC assists the Director in building HR Service Center team performance and group commitments to goals and objectives and measuring results to improve transactional efficiencies, document and update HRSC processes and procedures, provide problem/conflict resolution, coaching and counseling, and training and development of staff. The Manager assists the Director to ensure positive working relationships within the HRSC team and with customers of the HRSC through frequent communication and solicitation of feedback and by measuring customer satisfaction. This position works closely with the Director to identify and deliver solutions to increase efficiency and improve customer service and serves as the backup to the Director for processing quarterly tax filing and year end payroll W2 processing.
|* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Accounting, Finance or related field.
* A minimum of five to seven years of progressively responsible payroll experience to include at least two years of supervisory experience in a customer-focused service center organization.
* Working knowledge of federal and state withholding regulations as well as the ability to comprehend tax regulations, employment policies and internal controls in relation to payroll/HR transaction processing.
* Strong PC skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, PeopleSoft Payroll, ADP tax services.
* Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
* Works well in a team environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of the University.
* Outstanding written & verbal communication skills.
* Experience with leading successful teams.
|Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Location On Map
Fort Myers, Fl