Director of Career Services
Becker College located in Worcester and Leicester Massachusetts a college of 1800 students seeks a Director of Career Services. The Director of Career Services provides overall direction, leadership and strategic vision for the department, cultivating and development relationships with business and industry contacts, creating and implementing a four year, developmentally appropriate career and professional development program in order to support campus objectives for student retention, program completion, and graduate placement. The Director must demonstrate current experience, awareness of best practice, and knowledge of: employment trends, job market, internships, and experiential programs; employer relations and cultivation; and professional and graduate school advising..
· Oversight of the Career Services department, including hiring and supervision of staff and graduate assistant(s).
· Work collaboratively with Academic Affairs and faculty to design an effective method of delivery and requirements
· Design and implement workshops, programs, and opportunities for students that facilitate career exploration and practical work experience through on campus and off campus internships, and placement activities.
· Initiate, contact and meet with representatives of business, industry, and organizations to promote Becker College students and programs
· Responsible for aggressively exploring partnerships with corporations and non-profit entities in the region and beyond to assist students in developing their experience and job readiness.
· Work with faculty to develop and promote internship opportunities; create and manage a tracking system to keep accurate records and collect data to centralize the process.
· Work with Alumni Affairs to identify potential employment and internship opportunities for students; cultivate relationships and mentor/shadow opportunities.
· Provide career and job availability information, interview skills and resume writing training, and internship and job search assistance to students and alumni, both individually and in groups.
· Work collaboratively with Institutional Research to collect, organize, and analyze current student and graduates’ data and prepare semester and annual reports.
· Master’s degree required in higher education or related field
· Four – six years in increasingly responsible and professional roles
· Successful experience with professional staff supervision, employer relations and a two campus system preferred
· An established record of excellent leadership and mentoring relationships with students, collegial relationships with staff and faculty, and strong written and oral communications skills, particularly with students and their parents, are required
· Outstanding organizational, management and technology skills and a sense of humor are essential for success in this role
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment using time-management principles
Location On Map
Princeton Township, NJ
Princeton Township, NJ
New York, New York