Director Grants Development
Kirkwood Community College
Cedar Rapid, IA
Cedar Rapis, IA
|GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Through private and public funding sources, the Director provides leadership for the development of College projects that advance its college mission and strategic priorities. He/she relies upon collaborative relationship-building strategies that result in the pursuit of innovative design solutions to address identified or unmet student and stakeholder needs. The Director is a member of an integrated services team consisting of Director of Research and Kirkwood Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching faculty development specialist.
• Manages Grants Development Office, its project portfolio, project management processes, personnel, and an annual program of work calendar.
• Monitors emerging funding opportunities and industry-specific news based on College interests and priorities.
• Conducts research-based grants prospecting, identifying model programs’ strengths/ weaknesses and their fit with the College’s priorities.
• Serves as project manager for internal teams of subject-matter experts as they construct concept papers, proposals, and plans.
• Assists and supports project managers in the development of literature reviews and best practice research studies.
• Supports subject matter-experts in grant application development, writing, review, and rewriting.
• Facilitates training sessions and provides individual coaching related grant strategy development.
• Facilitates grant proposal preparation, submission, and negotiations.
• Assists project managers with grants administration technical issues during the project execution phase
• Perform other related work duties as assigned
• Ability to provide service in a courteous, prompt, and efficient manner
GENERAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH OR WITHOUT A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
Commensurate with education and experience
The College purchases term life, disability, health and dental/vision insurance, provides a flexible benefits account, and contributes to a retirement program for each full-time staff member.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Cedar Rapid, IA
Executive29 Apr 2013
Princeton Township, NJ
New York, New York
Las Vegas, NV