Director, Undergraduate Center for Career Development
Wellesley, Massachusetts, United States, 02481
231 Forest St Babson Park, MA 02457
Develops and implements a strategy for external relations engaging and partnering with key constituencies across the college campus to promote Babson College domestically and internationally. Works closely with Alumni Relations, the Olin Graduate School of Business, Executive Education, and faculty to expand and deepen the college’s brand and reputation in the marketplace. Provides leadership, direction, and management of the college’s undergraduate career planning and recruitment programs. Cultivates new and emerging employer relationships to facilitate the hiring of undergraduates. Facilitates the design and delivery of electronic and collateral marketing communications to students, staff, faculty, and employers.
• Oversees the planning, policymaking, marketing, implementation, and evaluation of all programs and services for BS students and alumni.
• Works with the Undergraduate Dean to refine career education, experiential learning, and placement strategy. Works with the UAPC, Division Chairs, and faculty to articulate curricular issues and provide feedback to support student engagement in career development. Maintains liaison relationship with the faculty, the Alumni Office, the Undergraduate Admission Office, the Graduate Center for Career Development, and all other appropriate departments and offices, in matters regarding career services issues.
• Oversees management of the Undergraduate Management Consulting Field Experience program. Provides staff support to the Office of Academic Services to build company partnerships for Organizing for Effective Management course.
• Manages the development and maintenance of employer relations including the creation and implementation of a comprehensive marketing plan.
• Develops and maintains relationships with new and emerging employers of Babson graduates to expand recruiting and to keep staff aware of job market trends and requirements. Interprets and communicates employer needs to Babson students, faculty, and administration. Places special emphasis on marketing and placing undergraduate students through corporate outreach activities.
• Initiates new career planning and placement programs to meet the changing needs of students and alumni.
• Responsible for implementing policies within the office. Ensures that the office maintains the highest standards for service and appearance.
• Establishes and implements a comprehensive program assessment and evaluation process, annually. Initiates appropriate research studies.
• Oversees regular upgrading of on-line and library resource materials, job-posting systems, and assessment and evaluation procedures. Maintains updated materials related to employment and graduate profiles of each graduation class.
• Writes, edits, evaluates, and/or supervises production of on-line and printed materials including brochures, newsletters, bulletins, and guides.
• Responsible for budget of approximately $800,000 including signing authority for all expenditures.
• Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Associate Director, Corporate Relations & Recruitment
Assistant Director, UG Career Curriculum
Assistant Director, UG Career Programs & Counseling
Assistant Director, UG Internship Program
Manager, UG Academic Programs
Minimum Level of Education Required Master’s Degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities:
• At least 5-10 years; prior management and/or corporate experience a plus
• Excellent project management skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
• Demonstrated supervisory skills and ability to influence and motivate
• Program management expertise
• Ability to work with all constituencies
• Customer service orientation (students, employers, and internal constituencies)
• Ability to manage costs and create revenue streams
• Evening and occasional weekend work; moderate travel.
• Valid unrestricted U.S. Driver’s License, with an insurable (as determined by Babson’s insurers’ criteria) or a satisfactory driving history.
Location On Map
Princeton Township, NJ
New York, New York
Las Vegas, NV