Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies
University of South Florida
4202 E Fowler Ave, Tampa FL
This is an annual appointment scheduled to be effective as of March 2013.
Primary leadership responsibilities for this position include:
– Development and implementation of the 2015 Quality Enhancement Plan.
– Management of compliance certification efforts related to undergraduate curricula, particularly for general education, for SACS reaccreditation.
– Supervision of General Education policies and procedures and the university-wide Foundations of Knowledge and Learning core curriculum.
– Overall management, development, implementation, and assessment of the Global Citizenship Program.
Examples of specific duties for these responsibilities are as follows:
2015 Quality Enhancement Plan and SACS Reaccreditation.
– Lead development of the 2015 Quality Enhancement Plan.
– Direct implementation of the 2015 Quality Enhancement Plan.
– Provide reports and presentations on the 2015 Quality Enhancement Plan.
– Develop portions of the SACS Compliance Certification Report related to general education and college-level competencies.
– Serve on the SACS Leadership Team and provide data and expertise regarding general education and the Quality Enhancement Plan.
– Liaise with the SACS On-Site Reaffirmation Team.
– Manage the General Education curriculum and requirements
– Administer the General Education budget.
– Provide staff support for the General Education Council
– Direct USF’s implementation and serve on state-wide faculty general education committees regarding House Bill 7135 Section 1007.25.
– Plan and administer the assessment of General Education at USF in accordance with SACS requirements.
– Oversee assessment of student learning within the General Education curriculum; this would involve partnering with other USF areas such as the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Academic Planning and Review.
– Serve on the Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) Team and provide data and expertise regarding general education.
– Promote excellence in teaching and exploration of new teaching/learning models in general education.
Global Citizenship Program
– Guide development of Global Citizenship curricula.
– Develop program cohorts for Global Citizenship students.
– Lead student recruitment efforts.
– Recruit and coordinate teaching faculty.
-Create faculty development opportunities related to global learning and teaching.
– Direct course scheduling.
– Develop study-abroad, service-learning, and research opportunities for Global Citizenship students.
– Lead efforts to develop co-curricular and community activities.
– Plan and oversee the development of a Living Learning Community for the Global Citizenship Program.
– Seek and coordinate internal and external funding for curriculum development and assessment.
– Oversee assessment of student learning and program impact.
– Develop policies and reports related to the Global Citizenship Program.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Faculty29 Jan 2013