Assistant Vice President and Chief of Staff
University of Oregon
Type of appointment: 1.0 FTE, fixed term, 12-month officer of administration; renewal contingent on availability of funds.
Starting date: March 1, 2013
The Office of Equity and Inclusion seeks an Assistant Vice President and Chief of Staff to advance the work of equity and inclusion at UO and throughout the State of Oregon. This position is second in command of OEI and represents the Vice President (VP) in campus and community functions. In addition, in the capacity of chief of staff, he/she will help to develop and oversee Academic Programs, connect domestic and international diversity initiatives, assist the VP in implementing the strategic action planning processes, and oversee OEI administrative and budgetary functions.
General Description of Duties:
This position is responsible for:
- Advising the VP of OEI on a multitude of issues that impact OEI and the university.
- Oversee the implementation of campus-wide strategic action planning.
- Managing sensitive and confidential issues on behalf of the VP of OEI.
- Representing the VP to the campus community through participation in committees involving campus-wide issues.
- Providing research support for policy development and procedures.
- Interacting and directing communication on behalf of the VP of OEI with faculty, administrators, students and staff to promote effective communication between and among the VP and campus constituencies.
- Assisting in establishing priorities and agendas, and producing briefing materials and information on all significant matters which require attention of the VP of OEI.
- Communicating on behalf of the VP of OEI with local and regional officials and agencies.
- Coordinating and monitoring special initiatives as determined by the VP of OEI to ensure timely and successful completion by all staff.
- Advancing the work of equity and inclusion at UO and throughout the State of Oregon.
- Assisting OEI in developing and implementing innovative programs that facilitate inclusion and equity on campus and beyond.
- Assisting VP in integrating her vision throughout the unit and in coordinating the efforts of affiliate units.
- Developing links between domestic and international programs within the context of global diversity efforts.
- Providing resources and materials that aid in facilitating academic programming, research, grants, and resources on campus and in the community, including approving funding requests for travel and related funding requests.
- Supervising the Finance and Operations Manager and the GTFs.
- Providing general supervision on behalf of the VP as necessary.
- Fostering positive relationships both internal and external to campus.
Receives general supervision from the VP for Equity and Inclusion; exercises independent judgment in planning and carrying out responsibilities and has budget authority for operational issues.
Ph.D. in any field and three years’ experience in program development for faculty, staff and students in higher education, including experience in developing campus-wide diversity programs, initiatives, workshops, conferences, and efforts for students, faculty, and staff. Additionally, three years of experience in managing program budgets for campus-wide entities.
Dissertation or post-doctoral work directly related to race, gender, ethnicity, politics, policy, etc.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
North Andover, MA
Fort Myers, Fl