Assistant Director of Engagement
Kennesaw State University
- Development and implementation of a Service Learning Leadership Program to Integrate civic and community engagement initiatives into classroom initiatives;
- Create and oversee a comprehensive program promoting Civic Engagement in the classroom
- Serve as the primary resource for faculty seeking collaboration with faculty and provide resources for service learning initiatives;
- Develop, manage and implement a comprehensive fundraising program for the CSL
- Cultivate the necessary relationships and develop an infrastructure to support the CSL’s connection with a broad array of local, national and international community organizations leading to both sustained and sporadic partnerships
- Serve as the ambassador for the CSL in developing partnerships with organizations like CARE international, Americorp, the Peace Corp etc.
- Serve as the CSL representative and assist with establishing a Georgia Campus Compact group
- Teach at least 1 course per year offered through University College
- Create a student service program to support sustained relationships with specific community partners
- Supervise community service and service-learning hours for individuals, leadership organizations, faculty and staff; providing comprehensive reports on student interactions and results from programs
- Coordinate domestic and international alternative break trips with a Civic Engagement focus; o Sponsor an array of Civic Engagement opportunities for students currently not involved with CSL leadership initiatives
- Promote undergraduate research as it relates to Civic Engagement and/or social issues
- Supervise appropriate staff members in the CSL
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Kennesaw State University (VKSU) office with various civic engagement projects
- Establish strategic and measurable learning goals for area of supervision, intentionally creates environments/programs for student learning and development to occur, and assesses at regular intervals;
- Build a positive rapport with students, staff, and faculty by maintaining availability, visibility, and a genuine, concerned attitude;
- Participate and represent the Center for Student Leadership in division, University and/or professional activities;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of the CSL
- Due to the teaching requirement, a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with at least five years’ experience in community engagement and/or development work
- Demonstrated history of community building
- A passion for student development through cutting-edge national practices;
- An ability to relate well to students, parents, scholars, faculty, staff and others from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Diligent attention to detail and meticulous record-keeping including budgets
- Sound professional judgment and a strong sense of ethics
- Ability to use personal computers for word processing and database management; and the ability to work effectively and successfully in engaging in a global and multicultural climate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Since this is a new position in the CSL, we seek an experienced professional with experience and passion for creating programs and services from the ground up. The candidate will have the skills to be successful within an ever-changing environment and experience with developing new projects or programs.
- Work with community stakeholders ensuring all programs follow best practices in assessment, including learning outcomes;
- Work to increase the students participating in quality high-impact learning practices and integrate their learning into their overall student learning and development experience.
- Write/edit web-based and print publications and assessment reports.
- Provide support that encourages students to reach their academic and personal goals.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with members of the KSU, local, national and global community
- Forge partnerships and involvement with various community-engagement oriented associations or groups.
- Perform other intentional duties that contribute to the University mission as assigned including shared governance through community work and a small amount of on-call responsibilities.
- Promote diversity within the Center and support existing University programs designed to create a welcoming environment while ensuring academic success with all student.
- Serve as part of the CSL Administrative team providing support and leadership in defining the strategic direction for the area.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
West Lafayette, In