Assistant Director for Multicultural programs
Presbyterian College, Arts & Sciences
Office of Campus Life
Position: Assistant Director for Multicultural Programs
Presbyterian College, Clinton, SC, a selective national liberal arts college with 1200 Arts & Sciences students, is seeking candidates for the position of Assistant Director for Multicultural Programs to work within the Office of Campus Life. The position’s primary responsibilities are to provide a comprehensive program for the Arts & Sciences students that foster learning outside the classroom related to promoting multicultural understanding, racial/ethnic identity formation, leadership, team building, problem solving and community engagement.
Areas of focus: Multicultural student programs, Student leadership development, Staff advising for student organizations & activities, Co-curricular diversity programs
Founded in 1880, Presbyterian College is a highly selective, top-ranked Carnegie One residential liberal arts college affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA). The college is located in Clinton, SC a small town located in the upstate of South Carolina, in proximity of Greenville, Spartanburg, Columbia and Greenwood, SC; and within a 2 – 3 hour drive from Asheville NC, Atlanta GA, Charlotte NC and Charleston SC. Situated on an attractive 240-acre campus, the college has a student body of approximately 1200 undergraduates of which roughly 95% reside on campus. Students come from 29 states and 7 foreign countries. The minority student population ranges from 10 – 15% with a goal for a more diverse student body. In athletics, Presbyterian College is a member of NCAA Division I and a member of the Big South Conference (FCS) where it fields seven sports for men and nine sports for women.
- As a dynamic professional, serve as a campus resource for issues related to multicultural students, racial/ethnic identity formation, and intercultural education;
- Cultivate opportunities for student identity development relating to understanding, appreciation and tolerance as an essential component for student growth and success.
- Advise Multicultural Student Union, and other underrepresented student groups to develop consistent programming that appeals to the different student groups and interests
- Collaborate with peers in Student Involvement, Community Life and International Programs, support student leaders in engaging the campus population in a variety of campus life programs and service to the community
Secondary Responsibilities in Campus Life include:
- Serve as the primary staff person in an additional area of Campus Life, coordinating and directing student development and participation. E.g.[Student Involvement and Leadership, Student Volunteer Services, New Student Programs or Alcohol and Drug use education]
- Participate in Risk management and On-call staffing rotations, support Student Conduct programs
- Master’s degree (completed or in progress) in college student personnel or related field
- 1 – 3 years previous experience in Multicultural Affairs, Student Activities, New Student Programs, Residence Life, Greek Life or related field
- The position requires an individual with initiative, group facilitation skills, high energy and willingness to work evening and weekend hours as programs require
Interested candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and a list of 3 professional references (names, addresses, telephone numbers, email) to: The Assistant Director of Multicultural Programs Committee, c/o Mrs. Debby Young, Senior Administrative Assistant for Campus Life, Presbyterian College, 503 South Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325. Or email same materials to email@example.com. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.
Location On Map
West Lafayette, In