Assistant Director – Career Services
University of Richmond
|Provide career advising and programming to undergraduate, graduate students, and alumni of the University of Richmond’s School of Arts and Sciences, Jepson School of Leadership and Robins School of Business to assist them in identifying and achieving their career goals. Develop relationships with various campus and external constituents including employers, alumni, faculty/staff and parents to fulfill the goals and mission of OACS.
Expected Interaction with the following constituents:
|Qualifications and Skills||Knowledge of career development and student development theories, research and practices, and recruiting trends. Prefer knowledge of relationship building with a variety of constituents, including but not limited to employer recruiters, alumni development prospects, parents, faculty & staff. Other skills and abilities that are integral to this position are as follows:
– Ability to advise students, alumni and organizations
|Essential Functions||CAREER ADVISING (55%)
– Advise students and alumni in individual appointments, walk-in advising and small groups about exploring career and education options and in developing effective experiential learning, job search and graduate and professional school search strategies.
– Develop content and conduct class informational sessions on a variety of topics to include self-exploration, résumé writing, interviewing, internship/job search strategies, networking tactics and ethics in the workplace.
– Research, develop and deliver industry-specific programming and invite relevant guest speakers based on assigned industry areas.
– Research and prepare topics to present focusing on first and second year students and career exploration, juniors and seniors focused on internships, jobs and post-baccalaureate education options.
– Administer and interpret assessment instruments to assist students and alumni with self-appraisal. Conduct periodic evaluations of career development tools as necessary.
– Serve as academic advisor to up to 10 new undeclared students each year.
RELATIONSHIP DEVELOPMENT (30%)
– Serve as OACS liaison to designated academic departments within one of three undergraduate schools (i.e.: School of Arts and Sciences, Jepson School of Leadership, Robins School of Business) and to designated university departments (i.e.: Office of International Education, Center for Civic Engagement, Multicultural Education, first year students, pre-health students, student athletes). Create and make presentations to faculty/staff/students/families in liaison areas. Suggest and coordinate program topics and participate in programs.
– Serve as OACS liaison to assigned industries/professions (of priority industry/profession clusters developed by team). Devise and implement content strategy for assigned areas with the goal of diversifying and expanding total employment prospects for students in collaboration with employer development team.
– Collaborate with Communications Manager to effectively market opportunities to students.
– Serve on University committees as assigned.
– Conduct regular assessment of programs, learning objectives and OACS services.
– Utilize technology platforms to track data relevant to career services as outlined in strategic plan.
– Provide planning and day-of staffing support for a wide range of career development programs and services.
Leadership/Supervisory responsibility may include leading teams on various projects or initiatives, student staff, and potentially graduate student supervision (as the discretion of direct supervisor).
|Education Requirements||Masters in Education/Counseling/Higher Education Administration, MBA, or related field or equivalent experience required.
2-5 years experience in career services, higher education, corporate human resources, or business (particularly marketing, consulting, or accounting) required.
|Will individual be required to drive a University vehicle?||No|
|Working Hours||Monday – Friday 8:30 – 5:00 pm
Some evenings and weekends required.
|If grant funded, position funded until|
|If position is less than 12 months per year, then specify the start month||No Response|
|If position is less than 12 months per year, then specify the end month||No Response|
|Department||Office of Alumni & Career Services|
|Advertised Pay Range
*Not applicable to Faculty
|Pay Grade 6|
|Job Posting Open Date||04-02-2013|
|Job Posting Close Date||04-17-2013|
|Special Application Instructions||Review of applications will begin immediately.|
|Documents which can be attached with your application to this posting:||Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Location On Map
Princeton Township, NJ
New York, New York
New York, New York